Wine Christmas Quiz
Here’s everything you need for a fun-filled Christmas themed wine quiz. The first two rounds consist of 10 wine-themed questions. The final round is a picture round based on different drinking glasses. Good luck!
Round 1: General Knowledge
- Thinking about Champagne bottles, which is bigger? A Nebuchadnezzar or Rehoboam?
- Where was wine first produced? (Hint: it’s not in Europe)
- What is riddling?
- What was the most expensive bottle of wine sold?
- Which country is the leading producer of wine?
- Where is Barossa Valley, home to some of the oldest living vineyards
- Which country consumes the most amount of wine?
- How should you store Champagne at home?
- Which country is home to the Riesling grape?
- Who is the patron Saint of winemakers?
Round 2: Food & Drink
- What fortified wine is traditionally added to trifle?
- What are the three key ingredients in a Negroni cocktail?
- Which type of wine might you add to your Bolognese recipe?
- What are the two traditional ingredients in a Tiramisu?
- In which order is wine served at a dinner party or tasting?
- What would you add to your Christmas pudding before lighting it?
- What alcohol is added to make a coffee Irish?
- Finish the wine pairing rule… White wines pair best with…
- What liqueur traditionally has a worm in it?
- Name two liquors you could add to your Duck L’Orange sauce?